"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
Bethany, a Christian charity, offers a quiet place of rest, reflection, and restoration for Christians of all denominations who live and work in Hong Kong, Asia, and beyond. We see every Christian as special creations whom we want to bless and see flourish in their unique journey. We are committed to providing peaceful getaways in our clean and comfortable guest houses along with guest care through family-style dinners, Soul Care, and Member Care.
Bethany’s mission is to provide a place of rest and retreat for weary workers. Our hospitality model is based on a commitment to encourage God’s people in their gospel work. And so we believe God’s call on Bethany, since its establishment, has not wavered. It perhaps is an even more urgent call right now to provide a place of retreat for those who have heavy burdens to carry during the COVID-19 health crisis.
At this time Bethany remains open, until further notice, while being sensitive to the health needs of everyone. The following changes related to guests have been made to ensure the health of all Bethany guests, staff, and the general public. We will remain vigilant in keeping up with all published health recommendations to ensure quality service. Check back frequently as changes can be made.
1. Though we are a private entity, Bethany supports the efforts of physical distancing by complying—as much as possible—with the same HK policies applied to public areas while accomplishing our goal of offering retreats.
o We have resumed regular capacity within our buildings while ensuring that every guest is screened carefully to promote a healthy and safe environment. Please anticipate more questions asked of all enquiring guests to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all amidst COVID-19.
o We ask that during your stay that all visitors wash their hands and use hand sanitizer located throughout the houses frequently
2. All guests will undergo temperature checks upon entry. Guests will be asked to reschedule their retreat should their temperature read 100.4°F/38°C or higher. Guests are to report any signs of sickness or respiratory problems.
3. Guests are to uphold good hygiene and high cleanliness practices at all times. For example, washing hands frequently and wearing a face mask when around other people.
4. Meal Service: Dinner (and lunch upon request) will be served at our main dining hall. We will seat guests at our well-spaced out tables. When we cannot seat all guests in the main dining hall, guests will be assigned to another dining room within another house to eat together. When necessary, some guests may receive plated meals to eat independently. These guests will need to clean and wash up after themselves and then place dishes in designated bins for staff to collect for sanitizing. Breakfast items will be made available in your assigned guest house for self-service.
5. Group devotions will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis depending upon the number of visiting guests each week. Individual sessions are still readily available for any guest. As this is an especially difficult time for many international workers and their families, we want to remind our cross-cultural guests that formal member care sessions are available at Bethany.
Thank you for your support to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable stay!
These policies are subject to change, without notice, to keep with Hong Kong Government’s mandates and published recommendations to prevent the spread of illnesses.
You may contact our Reception Office with any questions regarding this message by calling +852 2981 7114 or emailing email@example.com